WHAT MAKES A GREAT STR PROPERTY MANAGER?
A great short term rental property manager should possess the following qualities:
- Communication skills: Effective communication is key to success in any management role. A good short term rental property manager should be able to communicate clearly and promptly with property owners, tenants, and vendors.
- Attention to detail: Managing a short term rental property requires careful attention to detail. A good manager should be able to spot and address potential issues before they become bigger problems.
- Responsiveness: A good short term rental property manager should be available to address any concerns or emergencies that arise. This includes being accessible via phone or email, as well as having a system in place for addressing urgent matters outside of regular business hours.
- Marketing skills: A good manager should be able to effectively market the property to potential renters, using a variety of channels to attract interest and drive bookings.
- Knowledge of local regulations: Short term rental properties are subject to a variety of regulations, including zoning laws, tax requirements, and safety regulations. A good manager should be knowledgeable about these regulations and able to ensure compliance.
- Financial acumen: A good short term rental property manager should be able to manage the property’s finances effectively, including collecting rent, paying bills, and maintaining accurate records.
- Problem-solving skills: As with any management role, a good short term rental property manager should be able to anticipate and address problems as they arise, using creative solutions to ensure the smooth operation of the property.